We first made a stop in Jackson to drop the kids with Nonnie and Papaw as well as well as go to Cannon and Adelaide Kirk's 1st birthday party! Last year we went to see them in the hospital, the day after they were born, while passing through town, on this same weekend. Gosh, how time flies!
On Sunday, Dan and I set out bright and early to Pensacola to meet baby Luke and visit the Aldridge family.
He is such a sweet and easy-going baby! And I have never seen a more seamless addition to a family. Everyone seems so happy and Luke just fits right in.
Then on Monday, Dan and I headed over to Biloxi to celebrate our anniversary at the IP Casino.
We slept late in our lovely, comfy hotel room.
We "dressed up" and went to dinner!
Tien = YUM!
We relaxed by the pool!
And most importantly, we spent time together...uninterrupted by little ones...not distracted by work or daily chores...just Dan and Amy time, and it was wonderful!
Oh and the kids....
They had a pretty fun time too, with Nonnie and Papaw.
They rode bikes and played at the park.
They went swimming.
They got special treats at the mall.
And they were given undivided attention from 2 wonderful grandparents who were gracious enough to give up most of their week to keep our little fellas! Thanks again Nonnie and Papaw!
Now that we are back home, I realize just how much we all benefited from this little break. The kids seem happier. Dan and I are refreshed and happy to be back in our normal work and parenting roles. I think we all get so wrapped up in the day to day, that we don't even realize how nice it feels to take a step back and just breath. I am so thankful that we had the opportunity to do just that. It doesn't take traveling far distances to gain a renewed perspective.
1 comment:
so happy that your trip was relaxing and fun - my favorite picture is of amy resting in the leaf recliner! that is so great! happy anniversary! lala, gigi
Post a Comment