Here are 21 questions with our favorite 7 year old, Will Wha-key:
1. What makes you happy?
Scoring a goal
2. What is your favorite animal?
Cheetah
3. What is your favorite thing to eat?
Spaghetti!
4. What is your favorite thing to do inside?
Shoot basketballs downstairs in the playroom
5. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Play baseball (Can you tell the kid likes sports? Ha!)
6. What is your favorite thing about school?
Playtime
7. What is your favorite tv show?
Wild Kratts
8. What are you really good at?
Dribbling and shooting
9. What is your favorite season?
Springtime
Why?
Because you can wear short sleeves
10. What is your favorite movie?
Master of Disguise (This is an older movie, but our family just watched it last night and everyone was rolling in laughter.)
11. What is your favorite color?
Green...Dark Green
12. What is your favorite song?
"I'm Going to Rise" (That's for you, Jabo!)
13. Who is your best friend?
Joseph or Davis
14. What do you and mom do together?
Watch movies
15. What do you and dad do together?
Play baseball
16. What do you and Andrew do together?
Play basketball
17. What do you and June do together?(He requested this question.)
Give hugs
18. What is your favorite sport?
Football (The only sport he has never played.;) )
19. Where is your favorite place to go?
Chuck E. Cheese
20. What is your favorite book?
Every book!
21. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Basketball player
Will is still pretty much an open book at this age, but I know that will soon change, so I love documenting these little nuances. He has grown up so much and time has doubled in speed it seems like since he turned 5 and started school. I try to warn all my friends with kids that aren't school-aged yet of this, but it is just hard to even put into words. It still feels like he should be June's age and my sweet little baby sitting in my lap and reading "Goodnight Moon", but instead he is a strong, smart, capable little boy who is reading fluently by himself, playing every sport he can get his mits on, and all the while, still inspiring and teaching me and Dan to be better parents. He is a loving and sensitive little person who has such a unique relationship with each of us.
He is Dan's pride and joy, and in so many ways, his little mini me.
He is my kind and helpful kid who always steps up when I need him to.
He is Andrew's best friend and role model.
And Will LOVES his baby sister with all his heart. I have never seen a child who is more compassionate towards or more understanding of his sibling-who is, honestly, at a very frustrating age for a 7 year old to deal with.
As you can tell, we all think a lot of our little guy and I just love the excuse to sit down and really think about and document the individual that he is. If I could make time stand still, I would. This is the perfect age between innocence and being pretty independent and self-sufficient. But alas, time marches on. So, I will just savor these moments and look forward to getting to watch Will grow more and more each year. I'm the lucky one who was chosen to be this special little boy's mom and I thank God every day for that!
1. What makes you happy?
Scoring a goal
2. What is your favorite animal?
Cheetah
3. What is your favorite thing to eat?
Spaghetti!
4. What is your favorite thing to do inside?
Shoot basketballs downstairs in the playroom
5. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Play baseball (Can you tell the kid likes sports? Ha!)
6. What is your favorite thing about school?
Playtime
7. What is your favorite tv show?
Wild Kratts
8. What are you really good at?
Dribbling and shooting
9. What is your favorite season?
Springtime
Why?
Because you can wear short sleeves
10. What is your favorite movie?
Master of Disguise (This is an older movie, but our family just watched it last night and everyone was rolling in laughter.)
11. What is your favorite color?
Green...Dark Green
12. What is your favorite song?
"I'm Going to Rise" (That's for you, Jabo!)
13. Who is your best friend?
Joseph or Davis
14. What do you and mom do together?
Watch movies
15. What do you and dad do together?
Play baseball
16. What do you and Andrew do together?
Play basketball
17. What do you and June do together?(He requested this question.)
Give hugs
18. What is your favorite sport?
Football (The only sport he has never played.;) )
19. Where is your favorite place to go?
Chuck E. Cheese
20. What is your favorite book?
Every book!
21. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Basketball player
Will is still pretty much an open book at this age, but I know that will soon change, so I love documenting these little nuances. He has grown up so much and time has doubled in speed it seems like since he turned 5 and started school. I try to warn all my friends with kids that aren't school-aged yet of this, but it is just hard to even put into words. It still feels like he should be June's age and my sweet little baby sitting in my lap and reading "Goodnight Moon", but instead he is a strong, smart, capable little boy who is reading fluently by himself, playing every sport he can get his mits on, and all the while, still inspiring and teaching me and Dan to be better parents. He is a loving and sensitive little person who has such a unique relationship with each of us.
He is Dan's pride and joy, and in so many ways, his little mini me.
He is my kind and helpful kid who always steps up when I need him to.
He is Andrew's best friend and role model.
And Will LOVES his baby sister with all his heart. I have never seen a child who is more compassionate towards or more understanding of his sibling-who is, honestly, at a very frustrating age for a 7 year old to deal with.
As you can tell, we all think a lot of our little guy and I just love the excuse to sit down and really think about and document the individual that he is. If I could make time stand still, I would. This is the perfect age between innocence and being pretty independent and self-sufficient. But alas, time marches on. So, I will just savor these moments and look forward to getting to watch Will grow more and more each year. I'm the lucky one who was chosen to be this special little boy's mom and I thank God every day for that!

No comments:
Post a Comment