The weekend started on Thursday night with a movie night at the stadium on campus. Toy Story 3 was playing, so you know the Whakeys weren't going to miss out! I say this all the time, but how lucky are we to live in such a fun town with so many fun things going on all the time? I just love it!!
Will and Andrew, of course, dressed the part!
Then, Friday night, we went to the baseball game.
Look at my little cutie pies all dressed up for a night out.(Thanks for the precious shirts, Kelly!)
When I was getting them dressed, Will wanted to wear his baseball cleats as usual. I told Andrew to bring me his crocs and he walked out of the closet with his cowboy boots instead. He decided that he should get to pick out his own shoes too, I guess.
We all had a great time at the game, and even got to sit with the Hoovers, who we haven't seen in a while. It was a fun night!!
Gigi and Jabo made it into town late Friday night and spent all day Saturday with us going from one adventure to the next. And they were troopers!!
It started with a baseball game and picnic lunch at noon. We sat in the outfield with the Lees and took in lots of sun and just a little baseball! Natalie gave Andrew the cutest outfit that he actually ended up wearing for his party on Sunday(see below).
Then it was out to the Fan Fare area outside the stadium where they had jumpers, slides, and MSU ice cream set up for everyone.
Will and Andrew decided they needed to take a break a hydrate before the football game.
Nonnie and Papaw made it into town just in time for the Maroon and White football scrimmage game. We lasted until halftime and then it was time for dinner.
Well, Jabo didn't quite make it till halftime. I think all that fun in the sun got to him and he nodded off during the game. :)
Sunday, it was time to celebrate our little Andy-man! After church, we had Gigi, Jabo, Nonnie, Papaw, Clay, and Michelle over for lunch and a "monkey themed" birthday party.
Everyone played....


We sang happy birthday and ate cupcakes...
Andrew opened his gifts and played with each of them...

We had such a wonderful time with everyone and could not have asked for a better way to celebrate our little boy's second birthday. We love spending time with our families more than anything. Add going to MSU sporting events to that and, well, you have our idea of the perfect weekend! Thanks to everyone who made the trip. It really was so special having you all here. We can't wait till next time!!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Handy Man!!! I wish we could have been there too... it looks like to so much fun!
The pic of Jabo sleeping is classic! I love it! haha!
Happy Birthday Big Boy!!!
It WAS a perfect weekend....being with family is what it's all about. I love you,Whakeys!
Post a Comment