Monday, February 20, 2012

Homemade Everything

I have been a fool for Pinterest lately and especially all the recipes.
And since I am always trying to healthify our family's meals and snacks, this week I've tried some really interesting homemade versions of the classic processed foods. It can get really expensive buying the healthy/organic versions of snacks especially, so I'm always intrigued by anything that can both save us money and still get real food on the table.
So here are a few things I've tried:
Homemade fruit roll-ups(pictured below) were a HUGE hit!

I've also made homemade "velveeta" without all the gross chemicals for our Chicken Spaghetti tonight.

Last week I tried the homemade coffee creamer and that turned out great.

All the recipes can be found here on my Pinterest page.

Also planned for this week are homemade "frostys!" yum!

You can find a homemade version of just about anything on Pinterest. I'm sure the newness will soon wear off, but for now, I'm really enjoying making all these fun new recipes! Plus, the kids and Dan are great sports and have been willing to try all of my concoctions.

1 comment:

Mandi @ Living the Good Life said...

I'm glad the fruit roll ups did well! Those are on my to-do list this week :)

I like the new blog look!