Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Rekindled Flame

So, it is no secret that my love for decorating has been squelched by both living in a rental house and living with two wild toddler boys. It is just not as much fun to put forth a lot of effort into decorating when you aren't living in "your home." Now don't get me wrong, I feel very lucky to be in this house and have absolutely loved it here and will continue to love it for at least another year. But, I just miss decorating...maybe it's the white walls that cramp my style?! Anyway, I digress...
It is little projects like the one below that get me re-inspired and also give me a sense of enjoyment. We have been needing sheets and a new duvet cover for a while, but have been putting it off due to either not finding what I want or not being able to afford it. Well, I just so happened to be in Dirt Cheap the other day and started digging through the mess of the linen department to find "it."



This is just what I was looking for and the best part....it cost less than $50 to pull off the whole ensemble! Which brings me to my other favorite hobby...bargain finding/coupons. Two joys in one!

2 comments:

Aunt Tam said...

I love it Amy!! GREAT job!!! That is just beautiful!!!
Love ya!!

Jude and Alisha said...

That's so beautiful and I've never seen your room - the lighting is awesome!