Monday, February 28, 2011

It's that time of year!

Baseball season!! Dan has always said that this is his favorite time of year and he has opened my eyes to the idea. You go from short days and being cooped up in the house with sick kids to the warm spring breeze blowing and outdoor activities once again! Ahhh! I have fallen in love with Spring.
We attended our first of many MSU baseball games this weekend. And it is as much fun as it has ever been. Will is so interested in learning about the game. You could just see the joy written all over Dan's face-I think this is a moment he has dreamed about since Will's birth. And Andrew is so fun these days too. He has the cutest personality and is really fun to be around.
Friday night, we all went to the game.



Then on Saturday, Dan took the boys to the game while I was given the gift of an afternoon to myself to organize some closets! Can we say therapeutic? There is just nothing like being able to complete a project from start to finish, with no interruptions.
Oh yeah, and the boys had a lot of fun too! :) Just look at these great pictures that Dan took:

Will tried to catch the ball.

Andrew loved clapping with the crowd.


After the game, Dan took them out to the drill field to burn off a little more energy before heading home.




Dan taught Will how to slide.

And you know that little brother had to try it...

...only he forgot to actually slide.
These pictures and videos bring me so much happiness!! Will and Andrew have the best dad. You can just tell how much pleasure Dan takes in spending time with them and vice versa. Andrew was especially proud when he got home, because he got to go with the boys this time instead of staying home with Mommy. I think he grew up a little bit in the few short hours they were away.
On Sunday, we all went to the game and met the Landrys and the Browns out there. The kids had a blast playing with each other while the adults enjoyed a relaxing afternoon too! On the way home, Will told us that he wanted to go out in the backyard to "practice baseball" when we got home. So we did:


I know he is my kid, but I think he is a little superstar! I just love watching this boy play. Look at how serious he is. I especially love the way he hits the plate before he bats in the second video...you think he was paying attention at the game?
Okay, one more fun anecdote...While playing, Will told me to come outside and watch him on the "big tv." I guess he was referring to the jumbotron in the outfield. Haha, if that is not a sign of the times, I don't know what is. :)

2 comments:

Jude and Alisha said...

So cute! Should he be able to hit a ball pitched at him at that age??!! That's awesome!

Nonnie said...

I love my boys!!